You should turn to a yoga mantra whenever you feel you need to help your inner self get to the surface. This is a mind-harnessing tool for those who are blissfully unaware of what a mantra is. In fact, it is a practice that people often use when they want to connect with themselves and channel their inner being. It usually presents itself in the form of words or sounds that you repeat, and they help you channel your inner self.
At the same time, kundalini yoga is a great way for you to align your mind, spirit, and body with the never-ending power of the universe. This type of yoga can help you unleash the spirit within and connect to the universe, becoming one, which is why kundalini yoga mantras have become increasingly popular. It is important to know what these mantras are and which ones will be helpful to you.
That being said, today we will delve deeper into those powerful mantras that will help you release yourself into the vastness of the universe.
Here are nine of the most powerful mantras for kundalini yoga.
- Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo – this mantra is used at the beginning of every kundalini yoga class and is always chanted three times. Roughly translated, it means that you bow to infinite wisdom and honor the teacher.
- Aad Gurau Nameh – when we look into the most powerful kundalini yoga mantras, this is one of the first ones that come to mind. It is a classic one, representing the protection and guidance you need to proceed. This mantra comes right after the opening one, and it is most commonly chanted three times.
- Ardas Bhaee – next, you should turn to the Ardas Bhaee, and it can help you achieve a higher form of self. It is considered to be a prayer mantra, and it answers the deepest prayers and desires, combining the mind, the spirit, and the body.
- Har– this is pronounced hud, and it means God. But it can also mean creative infinity or divine. For those yogis who want to attract abundance, this is the kundalini yoga mantra you should use.
- Sa Ta Na Ma – chanting this meditation practice represents the circle of life – birth, life, death, and rebirth. The most important part here is that each mantra is chanted in a particular ratio. You start with a two-minute out loud, then a two-minute whisper, then four minutes of being silent. It then continues with two minutes whisper, two minutes out loud, and another minute of complete silence. While chanting this, the tip of your thumb touches the tips of your other fingers, beginning with the index finger. Through regular practice of this particular mantra, researchers have discovered that you can improve your memory too.
- Akal – once a loved one passes on, this specific mantra is chanted, especially in kundalini yoga. The Akal can help them pass on and release the ties to the living world that the soul may still hold on to.
- Ra Ma Da Sa Sa Say So Hung– if you wish to heal a part of yourself, you can do so with the help of the powerful Ra Ma Da Sa Sa Say So Hung. Kundalini yoga uses this chant to help people heal themselves, their loved ones, the planet, and anything else they wish to cure. This one is considered to be one of the most sacred mantras you can use.
- Wahe Guru – wahe means awe. This indicates that you will be able to go from the darkness to the light. Roughly translated, it means that you are in awe of your existence and your power, and in full ecstasy when it comes to the divine.
- Sat Nam – the parting mantra is a wonderful way to finish off your kundalini yoga mantra. As you exhale, you utter the words that represent a higher truth, your power, the essence of the truth that lies within you. It is mostly chanted one to three times at the end of each class.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MANTRA IN KUNDALINI YOGA?
If you use the above mantras in kundalini yoga, prepare yourself for a higher experience. The sole purpose of these chants is to help you open the door to higher consciousness. And, being aware of yourself will provide you with the bliss you never knew you needed.
On the other hand, it is common knowledge that practicing any type of yoga can bring you several health benefits! Consistently practicing this meditation exercise has been proven to successfully battle stress, thus, releasing all your negative energy, letting it float right through you and away from your body, and making you feel more present and calm. It is a practice that is also good for the heart, and blood pressure, maintaining an optimal level of positive energy, and preventing weight fluctuations. But most importantly, these mantras can help you reach a higher version of yourself.
Also, yoga, when combined with these mantras, can further enhance the above benefits, making it an outer-worldly experience that you do not want to miss out on.
You may be asking yourself should I start today with these mantras for kundalini yoga? We say yes! Enhance your entire kundalini yoga experience and allow yourself to feel much more than you would in a regular yoga class. Even if you could never imagine yourself chanting mantras while in class, we advise you to try it. The only thing you need to remember is that chanting is all about unity and devotion – to yourself, the people around you, society, and the earth.
Approach this practice with an open heart and an open mind and see what happens. You might experience a new form of inner peace that you haven’t felt yet, and it might be an extraordinary event for you.
If you truly want to get the most out of this experience, then please get in touch with us! We would be happy to guide you through the process and suggest our kundalini yoga products and services.